Fear continually takes you out of the present. Instead of focusing on the here and now, you are constantly worried about what could happen in the future. To worry about bad things that might happen prevents you from enjoying good things that actually are happening.
Practicing mindfulness and meditation keeps you firmly rooted in the present.All of your energy and focus is given to the current moment. Simply put, you are able to be fully present in the present.
Now, to be clear, there is a difference between mindfulness and meditation. Mindfulness, generally speaking, simply means being aware of and savoring the present moment without thought of anything else. Any activity can be done mindfully.
When you eat mindfully, you savor every bit, absorbing all the rich flavors you are experiencing. When you jog mindfully, you feel the burn in your muscles and focus on putting one foot in front of the other.
Mindfulness is a way of life.
Meditation is a specific practice that helps you grow in mindfulness. Although there are many different forms of meditation, they all involve focusing on the present for a set period of time. Some meditations help you clear your mind, while others promote positive feelings like peace, love, or compassion.
If you’ve never practiced meditation, there are numerous tools available that provide expert guidance:
- Headspace has a huge number of guided meditations, sleep sounds, mini-meditations, and more.
- Hallow is a faith-based app that helps you find peace and grow in your spiritual journey.
- Calm offers numerous meditations of varying lengths, breathing exercises, nature sounds, sleep stories, and much more.
- Aura offers personalized meditations, music, stories, and coaching based on your mood.
- Glo combines yoga and meditation, allowing you to strengthen body and mind simultaneously.
Mother Theresa said, “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” The more you meditate and practice mindfulness, the less anxiety you’ll experience. Instead of being preoccupied with the future, you’ll savor the present.
Thank you for reading. Part 9 will be available tomorrow. You can get the entire story now by texting lw to 415 212 9757?
Until next time, stay safe and keep the faith.