I have far too many songs to single out just ten as my favorites. I will instead list some of my favorite artists in various genres. It will be a small list; otherwise, I would have several pages of artists’ names.
The genres I enjoy are:
- Classical-Beethoven, Strauss, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, to name a few.
- Pop-Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley, the Beach Boy, the Four Seasons, etc.
- Rhythm and Blues-Sam Cook, Brook Benton, James Brown, Wilson Picket, etc.
- Motown Sound-The Temptations, The Miracles, The Four Tops, Aretha Franklin, The Supremes, etc.
- Country-George Strait, Conway Twitty, Darius Rucker, Jimmy Allen, Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett, etc.
- Jazz- Yusef Lateef, George Benson, Grover Washington, Isaac Hayes, etc
- Then there is the gospel and Christmas music.
Now you understand why I could not just pick ten in any genre. Music, like my books, tells a story and put me in there with the song. When the music is right, it moves me in a way that even my books can not touch.
When I was a teenager, I could listen to music, watch TV, and read a book all at the same time, and know what was going on in all three. My concentration is not that great any longer, but I still try.
Today is the 22nd blog post of this challenge. Once I have completed this challenge, I am going to interview romance authors. If that is of interest to you, stay tuned and follow my bag posts. Please share with anyone who may be interested in romance writing and authors.
That is it for now. Tomorrow, I will share my pet peeves with you. I hope you will return for another reading. Until then, stay safe and keep the faith.