Any journal that you keep can be beneficial. It does not matter if it is to document your life or work through problems – you can use a journal to do it all. From tracking your projects to writing vacation to overcome anxiety, a journal will work for you if you pick the right type and make journaling a ritual.
* Find the Right Medium for You – For some people, that is pen and paper. Many experts claim that is the best way because of its simplicity. However, you have to do what works for you, and what works for you is what you will do daily. If you make it too hard, you will not do it.
* Turn Journaling Daily into a Habit –Journaling has to go on for a long time to be more effective. It is a long-term strategy to improve your life and not something that will have any effect overnight. For this reason, ritualize your journaling so that it becomes a daily habit.
* Set Up a Comfy Journaling Spot – Find an adequate space you can journal in each day, one which is relaxing and without stress. Some people like to keep their journal by their bedside to quickly write in their journals each night when they get into bed.
* Choose the Right Style of Journal for Your Needs – The type of journal you want to keep depends on how you plan to use it. You may want to track a project, in which case you will need a project journal. If you are going to document your life, you will want a classic journal.
* Use Your Journal to Work Through Life and Reach Goals – Do not just write in the journal; actively seek to improve something in your life – whether it is the thoughts that drive your feelings or improve your actions experience more success.
* Consider Using More Than Writing to Document Your Life – You do not need to use text. You can use images, pictures, tickets, and other memories inside your journal too. Sometimes a few photos and mementos mean more than anything you can write to help you remember.
* Read and Reflect Occasionally – Take at least a few minutes to re-read parts of your journal. Once you have kept it for a year, it is fun to read the same day from last year to find out what is different now and what is the same, and why.
* Keep Your Journal Secure – You do not want to worry about anyone getting into your private business when you are not around, so keep it hidden. If it is on your computer, keep it password protected.
If you know why you want to journal, it will be easier to figure out which journal you need to keep to make your journaling more effective. Sometimes you want to document your life, while other times, you want to work through something difficult. It depends on your goals and the point of the journal.
Until the next time, please stay safe, and keep the faith.