There are many dangers inherent in hanging on to self-doubt that you should be aware of. If you suffer from self-doubt, it is vital to understand the type of damage you are doing to yourself if you continue to hang on to it. It has affected your past, affects your present, and can devastate your future if you do not deal with it. Here’s why.
- Self-Doubt Damages Motivation – When you do not think you can do much and do not trust yourself to do something right, fear can get in the way of doing anything. It can turn into a severe lack of motivation to do more than you have to get by. It can affect your entire life because you may have fewer satisfying relationships, a job you hate, and not enjoy life much.
- Self-Doubt Causes Procrastination – If you do not think you know how to do things “right,” you may end up thinking you are a perfectionist, which is just a way to procrastinate and never finish anything or finish it at the last minute. It is how you set yourself up for failure. No one is perfect, and perfection is not necessary to thrive in this life.
- Self-Doubt Leads to Regret – When you miss opportunities, you will experience regret. Regret, when left unresolved, can lead to chronic stress and anxiety. It will then build upon itself to create even more self-doubt, which will generate more regret, and so on.
- Self-Doubt Causes Defeatism – If you allow self-doubt to continue, you can start to become almost morbid in your belief that you cannot experience anything good or happy. It is essentially an acceptance of failure.
- Self-Doubt Stunts Self-Improvement – When you have no faith in yourself, it is hard to even think about self-improvement. You think you have too much to improve because you can not do anything, and maybe you even believe you are a victim of your circumstances to the point that you cannot achieve even if you try.
- Self-Doubt Stifles Inspiration – When you do not believe in yourself, it is hard to get inspired to do anything new or create anything new. Ending the self-doubt will bring out the creativity you already really have.
As you can see and may have experienced yourself, self-doubt can be dangerous, and these are all good reasons on their own to work toward overcoming self-doubt and learning to believe in yourself.
Until tomorrow, stay safe, and keep the faith.