“The key to abundance is to stop needing more, and to start appreciating what you already have.” – Anonymous
Everyone is talking about changing your mindset to manifest what you desire. How do you know when it is time to change your perspective? After all, you have been thinking the same way for as long as you can remember. Or maybe you have had a rough patch, and your attitude has gotten out of whack. When you start having more gloomy days than good ones, it is time to change your mindset. These are some of the reasons you may want to change your mindset.
Our mindset is what produces the thoughts we have. That is the attitude that shapes our thinking which controls our actions and how we feel about things. If you have a negative attitude, then your thoughts start blaming and thinking the worst. When you have positive or healthy reviews, you create a better environment for yourself and those around you.
Six Signs it is Time to Change Your Mindset
- You are focused on failure instead of succeeding. You feel angry and disappointed over every failure without celebrating your success. You constantly see yourself as a failure, unconsciously sending negative messages to your mind that you will fail at whatever you try to accomplish. Instead: Keep a success diary acknowledging every success each day, no matter how small.
- You have a victim mentality. You have been a victim of bad experiences or hurt by others you love. Or you were traumatized from some event. You are still holding onto those moments. Instead: Forgive and let go of the past.
- You have social media envy. You see the unnatural glamorous lifestyles of other people online, making you feel worse about yourself. You devalue what you have. You focus on what you do not have or are not doing. Instead: Think about what you do have and show gratitude for it. There are billions of people on this planet, and at least a billion would love to have your life.
- You see work as a chore. You dread going to work, complain about doing the work, or feel like it is a burden. Instead, you could view your job as a means of providing value to others. Think of it having an impact on you and others. Being able to work allows you to contribute to society.
- You obsess about things you can not control or change. You complain about what you can not control, like the weather, government, traffic, and other people. Your mind is filled with everything you do not like, rather than what you can control yourself. Identify how you can change and manage your actions and thoughts to make the experience more positive. Stop complaining and start taking steps that will bring you a greater sense of accomplishment and abundance.
- You lack gratitude for what you have. You focus on what is wrong with things or the world or the inadequacies in yourself and others. Instead, acknowledge that no one is perfect, and everyone learns lessons as they go. Focus on identifying the positive things you are grateful for every day.
When you realize that you rarely feel happy and content is a negative mindset, you know it is time to change your mindset to feel better about yourself and attract more abundance into your life.
Until next time, stay safe, and keep the faith.