The way to ensure that journaling works for you are to do it long-term. Long-term journaling gives you more insight into your life because you will be able to look to the past, present, and even the future (sort of) to get answers in your life. But first, you have to do it. And it would help if you did it daily to make it a habit. Let’s review a few tips for making journaling part of your daily routine.
* Make It Easy – Do not make it a huge deal, and it will be simpler to get done. For example, it is easier to use a notebook and paper than a computer for most people. You can have the book in your bag or on your bedside table, or wherever you plan to write in it.
* Choose a Time That Works – The best times to do it are early morning, first thing, or the last thing before you go to bed. However, that might not work for some people. If you know a better time, do it. For example, some people like journaling while on lunch at work in the park. It is up to you.
* Get a Drink and Eat a Snack – You do not want to have any excuses or extraneous thoughts while writing in your journal. Make sure you are fed and hydrated.
* Create a Comfortable and Assessable Space – It is easier to get into your thoughts if you are comfortable and not thinking about how bad your tailbone hurts or your wrist hurts. Some people like using a desk, some a comfy, easy chair, others their bed.
* Combine It with Something Else You Enjoy Doing – If you enjoy cleaning the house, then reading in your clean house with the windows open and the breeze flowing in, why not journal at that moment? If it is a daily thing, add journaling to it, and it will create a habit fast.
* Add Some Relaxing Music to Set the Mood – Now, it is true that some people prefer silence, so that is fine if you do. But consider trying some music that does not have words and relaxing to help you gather your thoughts and say calm and focused.
* Use a Particular Type of Journal – For some people, using a journaling style like bullet journaling, prayer journaling, project journaling, and more works better since it defines some rules for entry.
* Consider Using Journaling Prompts – You can also find journaling prompts online for any journal you want to use.
* Reward Yourself – When you have been diligent for a month writing in your journal, take some time to read what you wrote, then reward yourself for doing it. You might buy some colored pens or some scrapbooking materials so you can add some definition and interest to your journal.
To truly experience the full benefits of journaling, you need to do it most days, which is why you need to find a way to incorporate journaling into your everyday life. The best way to accomplish this is to make it easy and turn it into a habit.
Use these tips to start journaling. Until next time, stay safe, and keep the faith.