Below are several quotes I thought might give you something to think about. We are a social people and need the personal touch.
I noticed we tend to be more me oriented than caring about each other. I saw some change with COVID. Suddenly we started to realize how easily we could lose love ones. We started reaching out to family and friends via zoom. It was amazing how important our families became.
Let’s each reach out to family, friends, and even that stranger who appears lost for lack of friends. Smile and say something positive. Let’s regain our social skills when it was important to be gracious and courteous to each other.
Enjoy the quotes.
- More social skills are required to talk one-on-one than to an audience. You don’t have to be socially fluid to talk to two thousand people. – Jerry Seinfeld
- We’re losing social skills, the human interaction skills, how to read a person’s mood, read their body language, and how to be patient. – Vincent Nichols
- I believe you learn social skills by mixing with people. – Joe Morgan
- People will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
- Too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person. – Gloria Steinem
- “For most of us, Facebook friends and Instagram followers are supplements to — not surrogates for — our social lives. As meaningful as the friendships we establish online can be, most of us are unsatisfied with virtual ties that never develop into face-to-face relationships. Building real connections requires a shared physical environment — a social infrastructure.”
- ― Eric Klinenberg
Until next time, stay safe, and keep the faith.