Even though you enjoy the friends you have, you may occasionally think about making new ones. You already know that finding close, loyal confidantes can be difficult. But your life could change in marvelous ways if you make some fascinating new friends.
Actively engage in these strategies to seek new friends:
1. Join a volunteer organization. One of the best ways to widen your pool of friends is to join a local club. Consider clubs like Kiwanis, Lions Club, the Masons, the Elks, or the Moose.
* Those who join volunteer organizations care about others and want to have influence in the world.
* You can even bring more meaning to your life and become a better friend yourself.
2. Start a new sport. Engaging in an unfamiliar physical activity that piques your interest can lead you to others who like the same activity and can teach you about it.
3. Be open to meeting new people. On Friday nights when you are at a local restaurant, lounge, or club notice others who approach your group to chat.
* You’ve been around the relatives of your friends and thought they were interesting, but you haven’t attempted to get to know them. One of them could be a great new friend to have.
4. Meet other parents. Who knows, your next best friend may live around the corner from you. It’s that parent who picks up the kids at the mall after you’ve dropped them off.
* As a parent, making friends with other parents can provide you with helpful support as well as plenty of good times with someone with whom you have a lot in common.
5. Attend church or partake in another weekly ritual. If you go to church, you already have at least some connections to others who worship there. Plus, you share the same religious beliefs. Try to get better acquainted with the adults at church.
* If church isn’t your thing, look for another Sunday activity where you can mingle with others. For example, have lunch at the same restaurant, hang out at the beach, or work out at a local health club.
6. Go to neighborhood parties. One of the best ways to connect with tons of people is by attending block parties. You’ll tend to be in a festive mood and open to chatting.
7. Volunteer at a charity or community event. Nothing will help you get to know people as quickly as working together in a booth at a community fair or gathering. You’ll meet others who are helping with the event as well.
8. Take walks or go bike riding in your neighborhood. On your block, you may find your next best friend. When you’re active and engaged in fitness-related activities, you’ll encounter other individuals who are doing the same. Talk to others when you pass them, even if you’ve seen them a hundred times before.
* You can decide that today’s the day to make a new friend.
Plenty of activities exist that can assist you with making new friends. Having an open mind and heart also goes a long way. Stay on the lookout for those who seem interesting to you. Finding more friends will surely enrich your life.
Until next time, stay safe, and keep the faith.